ATLÉTICO 1 - BAYERN 0
Bayern goal best and most important of my career - Saúl
The Atlético midfielder gave this thoughts on his solo effort against Bayern Munich, which sees his side take a 1-0 lead to the Allianz Arena.
Sául Ñíguez scored a wonderful solo goal for Atlético Madrid in their Champions League semi-final clash with Bayern Munich on Wednesday, dancing through the visiting defence before curling left-footed past keeper Manuel Neuer.
And speaking after the last-four first leg at the Vicente Calderón, Saúl - whose strike handed Diego Simeone's men a 1-0 advantage to take into the return - admitted it was the biggest of his career so far.
"It's the most important and the best too," said the 21-year-old midfielder. "I was dribbling the ball forward, I saw that I'd gone past two opponents and, as I came into the area, I got it on to my left foot to score."
Sául also rued a Fernando Torres effort that bounced back off the post after the break - "we were unlucky on the chance for Torres" - but admitted: "There was a period of the game when they [Bayern] pushed us back and we had to dig in."
He added: "Bayern are a really tough team, and we have to say thank you to the fans, who cheer us on and get behind us every step of the way."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"