Giuliano Poser, Lionel Messi's dietitian, is one of the current protaganists in the sports press in Barcelona. Sports newspaper Mundo Deportivo has today devoted the front cover to him after their correspondent in Argentina, Aquiles Furlone, interviewed him. Poser applies kinesiology - the scientific study of body movement - and says that this is one of the crucial elements that keeps the little Argentine at the top of his game.
The five key foods Poser defined as "water, good quality olive oil, whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables that are not contaminated by pesticides, herbicides etc as they can cause great harm to the body."
"Also very good are nuts and seeds." The worst thing, according to Giuliano, is sugar. "It is the worst thing for the muscles. The farther he stays away from sugars, the better. Refined flours are also a big problem as these days its difficult to find uncontaminated wheat." When asked about salt and meat intake he stated that they were good for the athlete's body but in small quantities adding, "the amount of meat normally eaten by Argentinians and Uruguyans is too much, as it is difficult to digest."
So, it would appear that Messi's dietician is following most recent trends, especially regarding sugar, with what he has revealed to Mundo Deportivo. But he went further and explained more about his work with top athletes including the star player:
"My methods are not in doubt," he said, "everyone can see Leo week in, week out." The expert also stated that there is a lot of ignorance regarding this food science and footballers may not want to follow what he tells them but once they've tried it for about three weeks and see the effects then they usually keep going. It takes an open mind on their behalf and he uses a phrase for this, "the human mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open".
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Super Bowl LV 2021: how many tickets are available for Buccaneers & Chiefs fans?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what pandemic travel restrictions will Biden impose?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the Pentagon banning transgender people in the military?
- NFL Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes: how many times have they faced each other?
- SUPER BOWL LV How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played and won?
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it