Yellow card wrongly shown to Danilo (finally) rescinded
The RFEF's Appeals Committee has reversed the Competition Committee's decision to uphold the card, given for a foul by Casemiro.
The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) Appeals Committee has rescinded the yellow card shown to defender Danilo in Real Madrid's win over Villarreal earlier this month.
During the first half of Real's 3-0 LaLiga victory at the Bernabéu, the full-back was wrongly cautioned by referee Carlos Clos Gómez for a foul committed by team-mate Casemiro.
Los Blancos lodged a protest against the booking in view of the evident case of mistaken identity, but saw the card initially upheld by the RFEF's Competition Committee.
However, following a renewed challenge by the Spanish capital outfit, the governing body's Appeals Committee has opted to overturn that ruling.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus check: what has Biden said and proposed?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Are the third stimulus checks included in 2021 IRS tax filing?
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer keeping 'fingers crossed' that Cavani stays at Man Utd
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Fastest US states to administer covid-19 vaccines
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker