Yellow card wrongly shown to Danilo (finally) rescinded
The RFEF's Appeals Committee has reversed the Competition Committee's decision to uphold the card, given for a foul by Casemiro.
The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) Appeals Committee has rescinded the yellow card shown to defender Danilo in Real Madrid's win over Villarreal earlier this month.
During the first half of Real's 3-0 LaLiga victory at the Bernabéu, the full-back was wrongly cautioned by referee Carlos Clos Gómez for a foul committed by team-mate Casemiro.
Los Blancos lodged a protest against the booking in view of the evident case of mistaken identity, but saw the card initially upheld by the RFEF's Competition Committee.
However, following a renewed challenge by the Spanish capital outfit, the governing body's Appeals Committee has opted to overturn that ruling.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?