REAL MADRID-MANCHESTER CITY
City's Silva out of Champions League second leg with Real
The Spaniard will miss Wednesday's semi-final clash at the Bernabéu after limping out of the sides' first leg at the Etihad last week.
Manchester City's David Silva will miss Wednesday's Champions League semi-final second leg at Real Madrid after it was confirmed that he faces two to three weeks out with a hamstring injury.
The attacking midfielder picked up the problem in the first leg of City's last-four tie with Los Blancos.
Spain international Silva would be fit for the Champions League final if the Sky Blues were to get there, according to manager Manuel Pellegrini.
Meanwhile, Friday also brought good news for Pellegrini, whose side take on Southampton in the Premier League this weekend.
Ivorian Yaya Touré, who sat out the opening leg against Real at the Etihad Stadium, has returned to training and is in with a chance of making the return in Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?