ATLÉTICO 1-0 RAYO
Griezmann scores for Atlético against Rayo with his first touch
After a fruitless first half for the Rojiblancos, the management team decided to bring on some of the big guns. What happened next suggests it was a good move.
Following Real Madrid's win at Anoeta, thanks to a Gareth Bale header in the 79th minute, Atlético knew that a win was key to them not falling behind their city rivals in the title race. It was proving a tough ask though with the visitors Rayo proving a hard nut to crack.
The first half ended 0-0 and with, several of the first eleven being rested - seven changes being made for this game that sat between the Champions League semi-finals - the management team decided that some of their big name stars should get their game faces on for the second period.
Both Koke and Griezmann were brought on and it took just 35 seconds for the French striker to put his side ahead...with his first touch. With Simeone in the stands after being banned from the touchline who made the decision for this change?
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability