Gareth Bale has scored 47% of his goals with his head
The Welshman has scored 19 goals this season, all in LaLiga, and nine of them have been with his head. This is four more headers than anyone else.
Gareth Bale was back on the scoresheet tonight and, once again, it came in the form of a header. The man from Cardiff is becoming a bit of a specialist at this and today's edition could prove vital in keeping his side in the title race, which couldn't be much tighter going into the last couple of games. Bale took his league tally to 19 goals this season - all those he's scored this season - and nine of these have come from the head, a 47 per cent ratio.
These nine goals have him, literally, head and shoulders above his peers as the league's top scorer from this part of the body. The next best is four behind and there are a three on this total: Cristiano, Aduríz and Rubén Castro. The 19 goals that the ponytailed dragon has bagged sits him in seventh place in the top scorer charts behind: Suárez (34), Cristiano (31), Messi (25), Benzema, Neymar (23) and Griezmann (20).
After the match the Madrid frontman was very positive but staying realistic: "We know we can still LaLiga but we are relying on other results." Listen to the rest of his post-match comments above.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Mourinho: Kane hands Spurs boss a fitness boost
- EUROPA LEAGUE Getafe stuck up De Jong's derrogatory words in their Ajax dressing room
- Flick calls for Bayern unity in Lewandowski's absence, Zirkzee could get opportunity
- LALIGA Real Madrid-Barcelona not under coronavirus threat - LaLiga chief
- SEVILLA-ROMA Lopetegui: "We're looking forward to meeting Roma, it'll be a close tie"
- Coronavirus Swiss league cancels all games due to coronavirus fears