Hamburg enquire about Odegaard's situation
Hamburg sent scouts over to Madrid compile a report on Martin Odegaard. The Norwegian has no place in Zidane's plans.
According to German sports magazine Kicker, scouts from Hamburg have been in the Spanish capital compiling a report on Real Madrid Castilla player Martin Ødegaard.
The teenager is not being given the opportunities he had hoped for in the first team squad and that has triggered interest from a number of European clubs who would be willing to offer him a place in their senior rosters. Hamburg, who are currently mid-table in the Bundesliga, have been in contact with Madrid to find out what the player's situation is and also the possibility of taking him on for next season.
However, Madrid would only be willing to loan the player. Gaining regular minutes in a competitive league would be positive for Ødegaard's progression. At the moment, he is a regular in the reserves, after playing a part in 32 games this season, despite having yet to score for the team.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"