Leicester City title win a 'fairy tale' - FIFA president Infantino
The head of world football's governing body lauded the Foxes' incredible charge to their first ever English Premier League title.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino on Tuesday hailed Leicester City's unlikely English Premier League triumph as a 'fairy tale' come true.
"It's a fairy tale. It's a football story that only football can write," Infantino told reporters on the sidelines of a UEFA congress in Budapest.
"It's great not just for Leicester fans but for football fans everywhere," added the world football leader after the Foxes overcame huge odds to take the English title.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga The twenty innovations that have changed Spanish football
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi absolutely needs to rest"
- Liverpool 1-1 Burnley Klopp explains referee row at end of Burnley match
- CORONAVIRUS Disney World opens despite coronavirus: Park Restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: tens of thousands of Americans sent two payments by mistake