Leicester City title win a 'fairy tale' - FIFA president Infantino
The head of world football's governing body lauded the Foxes' incredible charge to their first ever English Premier League title.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino on Tuesday hailed Leicester City's unlikely English Premier League triumph as a 'fairy tale' come true.
"It's a fairy tale. It's a football story that only football can write," Infantino told reporters on the sidelines of a UEFA congress in Budapest.
"It's great not just for Leicester fans but for football fans everywhere," added the world football leader after the Foxes overcame huge odds to take the English title.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Paris still displaying Neymar love
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Spanish government say Clásico at Camp Nou is 'not sensible'
- BARCELONA Barcelona change Eibar travel plans to avoid Catalan strike
- PREMIER LEAGUE Dier urges Spurs to "embrace the situation" they have created
- FC Barcelona Messi's greatest goals across 15 years at Camp Nou
- SERIE A Alexis Sanchez ankle surgery goes "exactly as planned"