REAL MADRID - MANCHESTER CITY
When Liam Gallagher got thrown out of the Bernabéu
The former Oasis singer was memorably shown his way to the exit door during Man City's only previous competitive visit to face Real Madrid.Champions League Final: Real Madrid - Liverpool
Wednesday sees Manchester City take to the Santiago Bernabéu for the first time since losing 3-2 to Real Madrid in the 2012/13 Champions League group stages.
On this occasion, however, their visit to the Spanish capital comes at the semi-final stage of Europe's premier club competition, with the tie finely poised after a 0-0 draw at the Etihad last Tuesday.
And if former Oasis frontman and massive City supporter Liam Gallagher is in the stands as the sides battle it out for a place in the final, the stadium's security staff will be hoping there's no repeat of his antics last time around.
Seated among the home fans for the September 2012 clash, it's fair to say Gallagher failed to ingratiate himself with the locals.
Having wildly celebrated Edin Dzeko's opener in front of the Madridistas surrounding him, he was then ejected from the ground after throwing a right royal tantrum when Marcelo equalised seven minutes later.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures