REAL MADRID - MANCHESTER CITY
When Liam Gallagher got thrown out of the Bernabéu
The former Oasis singer was memorably shown his way to the exit door during Man City's only previous competitive visit to face Real Madrid.Champions League Final: Real Madrid - Liverpool
Wednesday sees Manchester City take to the Santiago Bernabéu for the first time since losing 3-2 to Real Madrid in the 2012/13 Champions League group stages.
On this occasion, however, their visit to the Spanish capital comes at the semi-final stage of Europe's premier club competition, with the tie finely poised after a 0-0 draw at the Etihad last Tuesday.
And if former Oasis frontman and massive City supporter Liam Gallagher is in the stands as the sides battle it out for a place in the final, the stadium's security staff will be hoping there's no repeat of his antics last time around.
Seated among the home fans for the September 2012 clash, it's fair to say Gallagher failed to ingratiate himself with the locals.
Having wildly celebrated Edin Dzeko's opener in front of the Madridistas surrounding him, he was then ejected from the ground after throwing a right royal tantrum when Marcelo equalised seven minutes later.
Te recomendamos en English
- Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus USA Trump executive orders: could it be declared unconstitutional?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: why is there no agreement on a second $1,200 payment?
- CORONAVIRUS Trump executive orders: when does $400 unemployment boost start?
- CORONAVIRUS USA Trump executive orders: when do they come into effect?