Villarreal to donate their '96 banner' to Liverpool
Villarreal fans unfurled the banner during last week's first leg at El Madrigal. It has been signed by the first team squad and members of the supporters club.Villarreal-Barcelona live online
Villarreal will honour the 96 Liverpool fans who lost their lives at the Hillsborough disaster for a second time when they travel to Merseyside later this week to decide the Europa League semi-final.
Moments before kick-off in last week's first leg, a huge yellow banner with the number 96, the Villarreal club crest and the title words to Liverpool's anthem 'You'll Never Walk Alone' was held up by supporters in the south stand at El Madrigal. It was a gesture straight-from-the-heart and one which was greatly appreciated back in Liverpool.
When Villarreal travel to Anfield for Thursday's return leg, they will be bringing the banner with them. It has been signed by all members of the first team squad, coaching staff and fans from the 'Celtic Submarine' supporters group, who will visit the Hillsborough Memorial monument in St. John's Gardens behind St George's Hall in Liverpool's city centre before the game. Anyone who wishes to add their own message to the banner will be free to do so.
'Celtic Submarine' have organized a 'Fan Zone' in Concert Square where there will be live music from 12.00 to 6pm, before both sets of supporters make their way to Anfield for the game. The signed banner will be left outside the Hillsborough memorial at the stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms