Oblak vs Neuer: comparing the Champions League goalkeepers
After tonight's duel, the Atlético Madrid stopper has conceded 7 goals in 12 Champions League games while the German number one has let in 11.
As two of the best goalkeepers in European club football faced-off on the field tonight in Munich, we considered their merits with a visual treat.
They were both called upon during the high-tension semi, cutting out play, sweeping behind the defence and both incredibly saving a penalty during the match. They are between the sticks to make a difference and, in the end, it is Oblak who will be making the trip to Milan later this month.
Oblak has been an important part of Simeone's Atlético Madrid and had only conceded 5 goals in 11 Champions League games prior to tonight. Neuer, the German national side's keeper had seen the net bulge 10 times, which included that of Saúl in the first leg. Clearly along their route to this semi-final they've faced different opponents and the teams have contrasting styles.
Enjoy the video compilation...
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures