BAYERN - ATLÉTICO
Guardiola watered the grass just before Bayern-Atlético
After blaming the state of the pitch at the Calderón for their first leg defeat, Pep Guardiola watered the turf at the Allianza Arena just before tonight's Champions League match.
Having complained about the state of the pitch at the Calderón, and blamed, in part, Bayern's 1-0 defeat to Atleti on the dry turf, Pep Guardiola made sure he could have no such cause for complaint this evening for the Champions League semi-final second leg match against the side from the Spanish capital.
Just before the match Pep had the sprinklers turned on to ensure a smooth, slick playing surface he hoped would see him into his first Champions League final with Bayern Munich.
This is the former Barcelona's last chance to lift the trophy with the German side, as he's off to England to coach Manchester City next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures