BAYERN MÚNICH - ATLÉTICO
Simeone hits Atlético's touchline assistant during Bayern match
The Argentinean coach lost the plot during the Champions League semi-final second leg while trying to bring Savic on and hit Pedro Pablo Matesanz the club's stadium co-ordinator.
Diego Pablo Simeone, Atlético coach, lost the plot close to the end of the nerve-wracking game against Bayern Munich, which saw the Spanish side go through on the away goals rule.
The Argentinean was trying to bring Savic on to run down the clock as Bayern pushed for a winner, but his team had failed to get the substitution approved.
Simeone lashed out, striking his touchline assistant Pedro Pablo Matesanz, who was sent visibly reeling from the blow to his shoulder.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires