Bayern Munich president Karl Heinz Rummenigge was indignant after Tuesday's Champions League semi-final second leg meeting between his club and Atlético Madrid.
Speaking with German public-service television broadcaster ZDF after the full-time whistle, the 60-year-old German laid into Turkish ref Cüneyt Cakir.
"We feel cheated. The referee completely ignored the fact that the Atlético goal was offside. And the foul for the Fernando Torres penalty was outside of the box".
"I think our lads played well and deserved to win. They also deserve to go to Milan. This team deserve total respect. Atlético defended well, as we expected they would. The defeat is painful, but the team should not feel ashamed, they give it their all".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Extra 600 dollars unemployment benefits: when will it be delivered?
- Cocid-19 Worldwide coronavirus cases pass 1.5 million mark
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: are PSG pushing Kylian Mbappé away?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map 9 April
- Sweden Zlatan trains with Hammarby as he considers future plans
- Coronavirus US unemployment figures: latest jobless claims by state