Bayern Munich president Karl Heinz Rummenigge was indignant after Tuesday's Champions League semi-final second leg meeting between his club and Atlético Madrid.
Speaking with German public-service television broadcaster ZDF after the full-time whistle, the 60-year-old German laid into Turkish ref Cüneyt Cakir.
"We feel cheated. The referee completely ignored the fact that the Atlético goal was offside. And the foul for the Fernando Torres penalty was outside of the box".
"I think our lads played well and deserved to win. They also deserve to go to Milan. This team deserve total respect. Atlético defended well, as we expected they would. The defeat is painful, but the team should not feel ashamed, they give it their all".
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Joan Jordan: "We will fight like animals against Real Madrid"
- REAL MADRID Mariano and Brahim frozen out as clock ticks on their departures
- ATLÉTICO MADRID PSG dressing room tries to convince Cavani to stay
- MANCHESTER UNITED Sporting coach: "Fernandes not worth the money you are talking about..."
- Rumour Has It: Sporting want €65m from Man Utd for Fernandes
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién calls bonding dinner for players and staff