Bayern Munich president Karl Heinz Rummenigge was indignant after Tuesday's Champions League semi-final second leg meeting between his club and Atlético Madrid.
Speaking with German public-service television broadcaster ZDF after the full-time whistle, the 60-year-old German laid into Turkish ref Cüneyt Cakir.
"We feel cheated. The referee completely ignored the fact that the Atlético goal was offside. And the foul for the Fernando Torres penalty was outside of the box".
"I think our lads played well and deserved to win. They also deserve to go to Milan. This team deserve total respect. Atlético defended well, as we expected they would. The defeat is painful, but the team should not feel ashamed, they give it their all".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini