Bayern Munich president Karl Heinz Rummenigge was indignant after Tuesday's Champions League semi-final second leg meeting between his club and Atlético Madrid.
Speaking with German public-service television broadcaster ZDF after the full-time whistle, the 60-year-old German laid into Turkish ref Cüneyt Cakir.
"We feel cheated. The referee completely ignored the fact that the Atlético goal was offside. And the foul for the Fernando Torres penalty was outside of the box".
"I think our lads played well and deserved to win. They also deserve to go to Milan. This team deserve total respect. Atlético defended well, as we expected they would. The defeat is painful, but the team should not feel ashamed, they give it their all".
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER CITY Raheem Sterling: "Sadly, racism has become normal again in football"
- Liga MX 10 conclusions left with the end of the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”