De Gea receives player of the year award and Van Gaal speech
The goalkeeper won his third consecutive player of the year award for Manchester United and was presented it with a rather exuberant speech by Louis van Gaal.
It's that time of the year again when awards are handed out at clubs throughout the land. This year, as has happened for the last two, Manchester United gave the top player trophy to goalkeeper, David De Gea.
Handing over the award was manager, Louis van Gaal, and the Dutchman wanted to say a few words to his impressive stopper. But more than just a congratulations, he also touched on the Spaniard's girlfriend, family and links to Real Madrid.
Watch David's face as the flow of the discourse become slightly more uncomfortable than it really needed to...
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match