Real Madrid-Man City: Jesé, Isco start, Kroos fills in for Casemiro
Both sides have announced their line-ups ahead of tonight's Champions League semi-final second leg at the Santiago Bernabéu (20:45 CEST).
Jesé Rodríguez starts for Real Madrid in tonight's Champions League semi-final second leg with Manchester City (20:45 CEST), while Cristiano Ronaldo is back after missing Los Blancos' last three games with a hamstring issue.
Real coach Zinedine Zidane has opted to field Canary Islander Jesé in the centre-forward position usually occupied by the injured Karim Benzema.
This avoids moving Gareth Bale and Cristiano from their regular roles either side of the number nine, and sees Lucas Vázquez drop to the bench.
And with Casemiro also unvailable, Isco comes into the midfield - as expected - alongside Toni Kroos and Luka Modric.
Real Madrid's XI is: Navas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos, Isco, Bale, Jesé and Cristiano.
Meanwhile, Yaya Touré returns for City as boss Manuel Pellegrini makes eight changes to the side that lost at Southampton at the weekend.
The visitors' starting line-up is: Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Touré, Navas, De Bruyne, Agüero.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Real Madrid player ratings in 2-0 win over Alavés
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: what did Dr Fauci say about the hotspots and reopening?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today