Madrid's iconic Puerta del Sol celebrates Real Madrid and Atleti
Champions League final 2016: Two giant jerseys are to be displayed in the iconic Plaza del Sol to celebrate both Real and Atletico Madrid making it to Milan..
The 'Real Casa de Correros', seat of the regional Madrid government is to unfurl two giant Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid jerseys on their official buildings in the iconic Puerta del Sol, central Madrid. It is an acknowledgement of the amazing achievement of both clubs to reach the Champions League final which will take place on May 28 in Milan.
To get a sense of the magnitude of this achievement, no other city in history has produced two Champions League finalists. Madrid has now done it twice.
According to Europa Press sources, the government is to follow through with the initiative in recognition of the 'outstanding sporting achievement' of both clubs, who will face off in Europe's most prestigious competition.
The final will take place in the Italian city of Milan, mirroring the 2014 final hosted in Lisbon.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: How often should I wash my hands if I'm on lockdown?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid-19 | Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March