NY Cosmos to play Eibar in summer friendly on 25 May
As the 2015/16 season draws to a close, Spanish side Eibar will be travelling to the USA to play their first ever friendly across the Atlantic. Philadelphia and the Cosmos await.
After an impressive showing in the top division in Spain - securing a mid-table finish after an incredibly strong first half of the season - little Eibar will travel to the USA to play two games against NASL sides.
The friendly against the New York Cosmos will take place on 25 May in the Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas after taking on Philadelphia on the 22 May.
Fran Garagarza, from the Spanish club, spoke very positively about the fixtures:
"From a sporting perspective, this tour allows us to continue training after the season has finished. It's also important to open new markets and be more international."
Marketing Director, Gema Baqué was also confident in the success of this venture:
This is a unique and historic opportunity that we couldn't miss. We wanted to get closer to our American stakeholders, thank them for their support and, for the future, look to build sponsors."
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend