Jonas Eriksson will be the referee for the Madrid and Atlético final
The Swede will take responsibility for the final on May 28 in Milan. He has already taken charge of Madrid three times before and two for Atlético.
Jonas Eriksson will be taking charge of the Champions League final in Milan on May 28, according to Cadena Cope for whistle the end of next May 28 in Milan, according to the radio station Cadena Cope. The Swedish referee has previously had the whistle for three of Real Madrid's games in which they won two and drew once. He has also officiated Atlético twice with a win and a draw being the outcome for the Rojiblancos.
The last game in which he was in charge for Madrid will live in the memory for the fans of Los Blancos. It was the 1-1 semi-final game in last year's Champions League against Juventus. That draw saw Madrid eliminated.
With Atlético, the most recent meeting with Eriksson dates back to April 22, 2014. The Rojiblancos drew the first leg of the semifinals of the Champions League against Chelsea with no goals scored and then took care of the tie in London with a 1-3 victory. This took them through to the all-Madrid final in Lisbon.
So, neither Madrid teams have ever lost with Jonas in charge. That will have to come to an end in Milan.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid