Liverpool or Sevilla: who has the most emotional anthem?
Both sets of fans are well known for their passionate support and both fill their stadia with their anthems. In the Basel final, both will be singing off against each other.
The football club of Sevilla has two official anthems and Liverpool FC have their most iconic, You'll Never Walk Alone, which the fans adopted after its release in the 1960s. The fans of the 2016 Europa League final competitors are well known in their respective countries and further afield for their passionate singing that can make the hair stand on the back of the neck...or have grown adults in tears.
Enjoy the video giving an example of what we can expect come May 18 when the two teams meet in Basel, Switzerland, both looking to make history.
If the Spanish side takes the trophy it will be their third straight Europa League title as well as their 5th in total (this includes the previous version of the competition, the UEFA Cup). Neither of these feats have ever been accomplished. The English giants, however, are going for their 4th title in this competition (which would equal Sevilla) and with their 5 European Cups would stand them out from the crowd.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid