Bale: Real Madrid star to miss Valencia clash with injury
Real will be without the Welshman against Pako Ayestarán's side after Los Blancos confirmed a knee issue sustained against Man City.
Real Madrid will be without Gareth Bale for Sunday's LaLiga clash with Valencia (17:00 CEST) after he picked up a knee issue in Los Blancos' Champions League win over Man City this week.
Bale underwent tests on Friday morning, with Real revealing that the Welshman "has been diagnosed with a joint strain in his right knee".
The club did not specify a timeframe for the player's return, but it is believed that he faces four to five days on the sidelines.
It is therefore expected that the 26-year-old will be back in the Madrid side for their final-day league trip to Riazor to play Deportivo La Coruña.
With Karim Benzema recovering from a hamstring problem, Bale's absence against Valencia could leave boss Zinedine Zidane with just one member of the 'BBC' - Cristiano Ronaldo - fit to take on Los Che.
Real's other doubt is midfielder Casemiro, who suffered a hip knock in last weekend's victory at Real Sociedad and missed the European match-up with City.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?