Italy lose Verratti just one month ahead of EURO 2016
Italian midfielder Marco Verratti has been ruled out of Euro 2016 after his Paris Saint-Germain club revealed he will undergo groin surgery on 16 May.
Italian midfielder Marco Verratti has been ruled out of EURO 2016 after his club Paris Saint-Germain revealed he will undergo groin surgery on 16 May.
Verratti's absence from the June 10-July 10 tournament in France is a major blow for Italy coach Antonio Conte with the 23-year-old joining Juventus's Claudio Marchisio on the sidelines. Marchisio was ruled out of the Euros with a left knee injury and won't play again until September.
'It's always his groin problem, he has made progress but he is still feeling some discomfit,' said PSG coach Laurent Blanc. “We do not want to take any risks with Marco. He is an exceptional player. He has had the problem for two and a half months. He made some progress, coming back to the squad and playing until the end of matches. He is on the road to recovery”.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side
- MALLORCA-VALENCIA Sanction to rule Parejo out of Barcelona clash
- LALIGA Messi steers Barça to victory in Setien's first game