Ex-Córdoba star Patrick Ekeng dies during football match
The Cameroonian, who spent time in Spain with Córdoba, died onfield during Dinamo Bucharest's meeting with Vitorul Constanti.
Dinamo Bucharest player Patrick Ekeng died on Friday after suffering a heart attack during the team's league game against Viitorul. He was only 26.
Cameroon-born Ekeng, who spent the past two seasons on the books with Córdoba, suddenly fell to the ground when the game was in the 70th minute and was attended on the pitch before being rushed to a nearby hospital.
Ekeng had entered the game as a substitute on 63 minutes.
Spain's football community are in shock and deeply saddened by the news.
"There are no words to express our pain and sadness for Patrick Ekeng. We are devastated by this loss. We will never forget you dear friend", Córdoba said in a statement on their official web page.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?