Rayo, Getafe and Sporting - two of the three will go down
Rayo play the final day against already-relegated Levante, Getafe jare away at Betis and Sporting host Villarreal.
If Week 37 of LaLiga was nerve-racking, next week's final day will be heart-stopping for those who are fighting to avoid being hurled through the relegation trapdoor. The penultimate day left Deportivo de la Coruña (42 points after their win at El Madrigal) and Granada (39 points after their goal fest at the Sánchez Pizjuán) safe to fight another day in the top flight while three teams - Sporting, Getafe and Rayo Vallecano will be giving everything they've got not to be one of the two teams who will join Levante in a lower division next season.
This is how it's looking for them:
Rayo Vallecano: 19th on 35 points; Paco's men will only stay up if they beat Levante (who have already been relegated) - and if Getafe don't beat Betis at the Villamarín and if Sporting fail to win at home against Villarreal. A draw may even be enough for the Vallecanos if the other two lose.
Sporting: 18th on 36 puntos; they will stay in the top flight if they can beat Villarreal and Getafe lose or draw against Betis. They would also survive the drop if they draw with Villarreal, Getafe lose and Rayo lose or draw against Levante.
Getafe: 17th on 36 points; they depend on themselves: they only need to beat Betis to be mathematically safe. A draw might even suit Esnaider's team if both Rayo and Sporting don't win their games. Even a defeat wouldn't necessarily send them down - if Rayo lose at Levante and Sporting lose to Villarreal.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Lucas believes Mourinho can deliver silverware
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Haaland to choose Manchester United over Juventus - rumours
- Rumour Has It: Haaland chooses Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona's slip against La Real stokes up El Clásico
- LALIGA Valencia vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch: times, tv, online
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer: Rashford, Martial and James' like Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez