Rayo, Getafe and Sporting - two of the three will go down
Rayo play the final day against already-relegated Levante, Getafe jare away at Betis and Sporting host Villarreal.
If Week 37 of LaLiga was nerve-racking, next week's final day will be heart-stopping for those who are fighting to avoid being hurled through the relegation trapdoor. The penultimate day left Deportivo de la Coruña (42 points after their win at El Madrigal) and Granada (39 points after their goal fest at the Sánchez Pizjuán) safe to fight another day in the top flight while three teams - Sporting, Getafe and Rayo Vallecano will be giving everything they've got not to be one of the two teams who will join Levante in a lower division next season.
This is how it's looking for them:
Rayo Vallecano: 19th on 35 points; Paco's men will only stay up if they beat Levante (who have already been relegated) - and if Getafe don't beat Betis at the Villamarín and if Sporting fail to win at home against Villarreal. A draw may even be enough for the Vallecanos if the other two lose.
Sporting: 18th on 36 puntos; they will stay in the top flight if they can beat Villarreal and Getafe lose or draw against Betis. They would also survive the drop if they draw with Villarreal, Getafe lose and Rayo lose or draw against Levante.
Getafe: 17th on 36 points; they depend on themselves: they only need to beat Betis to be mathematically safe. A draw might even suit Esnaider's team if both Rayo and Sporting don't win their games. Even a defeat wouldn't necessarily send them down - if Rayo lose at Levante and Sporting lose to Villarreal.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?