"The referee gifted Real Madrid the match, it's always the same"
Valencia newspaper Superdeporte slammed referee Borbalán for his performance in the Bernabéu saying "The referee gifted Real Madrid the match".
Fernández Borbalán shouldn't expect any nominations for the freedom of Valencia city this year after a performance that "gifted Real Madrid the match against an excellent che side", according to Valencia sports daily Superdeportes.
Benzema had a goal allowed when he was clearly in an offside position from the first shot, "eres un cagón" shouted the front page, basically "you shat yourself" - the words spoken by Valencia's Rodrigo to the ref that led to his expulsion.
The replays show the French striker was offside, then onside, and that goal gave Real Madrid a 2-0 lead after Ronaldo had opened the scoring, breaking yet another record. Valencia "struck the fear of God into the madridistas", as the Valencia paper puts it, putting Real Madrid's unlikely title hopes in jeopardy when Rodrigo and André Gomes pegged the hosts back to 3-2.
Los blancos were whistling for full-time as extra-time seconds ticked on but managed to hold on and keep a flickering hope alive that Granada can do them a favour on the final day of the season, as Atleti crashed and burned at the final hurdle against Levante.
It was a "dignified defeat" said Andres Godella for the valencianistas, in Superdeporte, lamenting "What would it be like, just once, to visit the Bernabéu without some refereeing injustice".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener