Renato Sanches: Bayern Munich sign Man Utd and Barça target
Carlo Ancelotti, the Bayern Munich coach for next season, has stolen a march on rivals by securing the signing of the young Portuguese Benfica star.
Renato, pursued by Europe's giants
The player has been followed for some time by other European giants, Real Madrid and Barcelona, although many rumours had him very close to joining English side Manchester United.
Along with Matts Hummels, who will join from Borussia Dortmund in the summer, the signing of the Portuguese midfielder is a clear statement about Bayern's intentions to compete with the best once again. The Bundesliga champions were knocked out of Europe's top trophy in the semi-final by Atlético Madrid.
Transfer price: 35 million euros
Both Hummels - who spent over eight years at rivals Dortmund - and Sanches have signed five-year deals and the club have confirmed that the 18-year old midfielder will cost 35 million euros with possible add-ons of 10 million euros. This makes him the fifth most expensive signing in the history of the club after Arturo Vidal, Javi Martínez, Mario Götze and now Matt Hummels, who cost 38 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch