Gento: “If Cristiano and Bale helped out, they would win more”
The only player to win six European Cups was honoured at the Foro Luis de Carlos, where his team-mates Santamaría, Miera, Pachín and Serena were present.
Former Real Madrid legend Paco Gento, was the guest of honour at the latest edition of the Foro Luis de Carlos held in Madrid last night. Gento is the only player to have ever won six European Cups winning the last with a 2-1 win over Partizan Belgrade in 1966 (tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of the Brussels final).
Gento spoke at the event and recalled: "That '66 final was special as no-one thought we were going to win and we won the admiration of the world after that game”. Gento was surrounded by his team-mates from the time, Santamaría, Pachín, Serena and Miera. Santamaría was full of praise for his former colleague stating, "Gento was a road-runner and had an incredible ability to take the ball past his adversaries".
Gento also recalled his time at the Bernabeu: “We never played for a draw, we always set out to win and and we always had the support of our fans”. Gento also looked forward to the May 28 Milan Champions League final where Madrid play city rivals Atletico. "Madrid will need to dig deep and I'm confident of a win as we did in Portugal. but we'll need to give our all for the 90 minutes
He also took time to comment on Madrid star strikers, Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo: “They are two excellent players and few are like them. If they linked up more and helped the team, maybe we'd win more”.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night