Real Madrid's Zidane record is comparable to Mourinho
In his 19 LaLiga games in charge, the Frenchman has accumulated 50 points and 61 goals which if averaged out for a season would surpass the Mourinho record.
Real Madrid's coach, Zinedine Zidane, has already proved a few things in his short managerial CV. The Frenchman took over the hotseat in January with the team in third place (four points behind Atlético and five behind leaders Barcelona) and with the club described as being in disarray and lacking identity. He immediately gave the players a freedom that they didn't have before and started the role with what seemed like unanimous admiration from the squad. This respect was helped by the fact that Zizou was with many of them when they won la Décima under the stewardship of Carlo Ancelotti.
This new atmosphere at the club was a lifting spirit, one that has carried them to the Champions League final - if not always convincingly - and has them as the only challengers to Barcelona for the national crown going into the last day of the season. Some are calling this progress "The Zidane Effect." In his reign of 19 league games (exactly half the number played in a season) the team has accumulated 50 points, with 16 wins and 61 goals which if averaged out for a season would surpass the Mourinho record of 2011-12, which was proclaimed the Liga de los Récords. Points and games won would be the same as José's tally using this hypothesis but the current side would have scored a goal more.
The future's white
Since Zidane took over, no other team in the league has amassed as many points. Clearly the key this coming weekend is who wins the title but maybe his record in half a seaosn can give a great deal of positivity looking forward to the new campaign. And there's still a chance that he walks away with LaLiga title and the Champions League. That would look nice on his CV.
Te recomendamos en English
- Diego Maradona dies: The greatest of all just left us – former Argentina team-mate Russo
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Diego Maradona: Napoli could rename stadium after legend
- Diego Maradona dies: Guardiola pays tribute to 'man of joy' as Klopp hails Argentina great
- INTER 0-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter: Hazard, Lucas, Rodrygo...
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- US News California unemployment benefits fraud: who stole from the state?