FIFA to name 2026 host nation in May 2020
FIFA said on Tuesday that the country that will host the 2026 World Cup will be chosen in May 2020.
FIFA announced on Tuesday that the country that will host the 2026 World Cup will be chosen in May 2020.
Countries will have to present their candidacies before the end of December 2018, the world football body said in a statement after a council meeting in Mexico City. The bidding process will take place in four steps, with a consultation phase between now and May 2017, 'enhanced phases for bid preparation' between June 2017-December 2018, and an evaluation of candidacies between January 2019-February 2020.
The consultation phase will look at the inclusion of human rights requirements, sustainable even management and environmental protection, among other things. A decision on the number of teams and format of the 2026 World Cup will be decided in October 2016, well before the host is chosen.
Te recomendamos en English
- Diego Maradona dies: The greatest of all just left us – former Argentina team-mate Russo
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Diego Maradona: Napoli could rename stadium after legend
- Diego Maradona dies: Guardiola pays tribute to 'man of joy' as Klopp hails Argentina great
- INTER 0-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter: Hazard, Lucas, Rodrygo...
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- US News California unemployment benefits fraud: who stole from the state?