FIFA to name 2026 host nation in May 2020
FIFA said on Tuesday that the country that will host the 2026 World Cup will be chosen in May 2020.
FIFA announced on Tuesday that the country that will host the 2026 World Cup will be chosen in May 2020.
Countries will have to present their candidacies before the end of December 2018, the world football body said in a statement after a council meeting in Mexico City. The bidding process will take place in four steps, with a consultation phase between now and May 2017, 'enhanced phases for bid preparation' between June 2017-December 2018, and an evaluation of candidacies between January 2019-February 2020.
The consultation phase will look at the inclusion of human rights requirements, sustainable even management and environmental protection, among other things. A decision on the number of teams and format of the 2026 World Cup will be decided in October 2016, well before the host is chosen.
Te recomendamos en English
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Kobe Bryant tragedy: "Heartbroken" LeBron James breaks silence
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Lakers-Clippers clash postponed by NBA after Kobe Bryant death
- FA Cup Liverpool face potential Chelsea clash in FA Cup fifth round
- REAL MADRID Courtois: "It's special to play for Zidane as he was always a role model"
- ARSENAL Pablo Marí's Arsenal move on verge of collapse
- BUNDESLIGA Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon