Leicester City looking to sign Deportivo's Lucas Pérez
In England, media are reporting that newly-crowned Premier league champions Leicester are willing to break their club transfer record to land Lucas Pérez.
Lucas Pérez has been one of the key figures for Deportivo this season and his prowess in front of goal - scoring 17 in 36 appearances - has seen a number of teams in Europe following the striker closely. One of the interested clubs, according to The Guardian, is Leicester.
New Leicester transfer record
The recently-crowned Premier League champions are intent on bring the 27-year-old forward to the King Power this summer and are prepared to break the bank for him. Leicester regard Lucas Pérez so highly they are willing to pay Depor 11 million euros for the player and break the club transfer record.
Deportivo President Tino Fernández said this morning that the club will do whatever it can to persuade the player to sign a new contract with the Blanquiazules: “Our intention is to keep him, we're not going to put Lucas on the market. We'll see what happens, but as far as we are concerned, we want him to be one of the team's references for the future”.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mallorca - Real Madrid Mallorca looking to go big in Japan thanks to Take Kubo
- LALIGA Mallorca vs Real Madrid live online: LaLiga 2019/20
- Premier League Review Alli saves Spurs as Chelsea and Leicester City march on
- Premier League Chelsea's Lampard delighted as Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic impress
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Joao Félix out with sprained ankle
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester City Manchester City back in the groove