Leicester City looking to sign Deportivo's Lucas Pérez
In England, media are reporting that newly-crowned Premier league champions Leicester are willing to break their club transfer record to land Lucas Pérez.
Lucas Pérez has been one of the key figures for Deportivo this season and his prowess in front of goal - scoring 17 in 36 appearances - has seen a number of teams in Europe following the striker closely. One of the interested clubs, according to The Guardian, is Leicester.
New Leicester transfer record
The recently-crowned Premier League champions are intent on bring the 27-year-old forward to the King Power this summer and are prepared to break the bank for him. Leicester regard Lucas Pérez so highly they are willing to pay Depor 11 million euros for the player and break the club transfer record.
Deportivo President Tino Fernández said this morning that the club will do whatever it can to persuade the player to sign a new contract with the Blanquiazules: “Our intention is to keep him, we're not going to put Lucas on the market. We'll see what happens, but as far as we are concerned, we want him to be one of the team's references for the future”.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win