Paco Jémez refutes Valencia rumours by showing his passport
The Rayo manager furiously denied the rumours claiming he flew to Asia to meet with Peter Lim and Jorge Mendes: "I'm angry about these lies".
Rayo Vallecano manager Paco Jémez called a press conference earlier today to put to rest rumors that he may be leaving the Madrid club at the end of the season.
Relegation looks like a distinct possibility as they head into the last weekend of LaLiga fixtures. Paco's men sit in 19th place and will be dependent on results going their way elsewhere if they’re to stay in the division for another year.
Yet despite having one of the most meager points tallies in the league, the team’s coach has gained a lot of admirers around the world of football and many have linked him with a move to a bigger club.
One destination being touted is Mestalla. Valencia have had a torrid season and although Pako Ayestaran has turned the team’s fortunes around somewhat since taking over from Gary Neville, reports from within the club suggest a change of management is imminent.
Valencian radio programme ‘La Tastienda’ claimed Jémez had flown to Singapore and reached a verbal agreement to take charge of Los Che in the summer with Peter Lim, the Valencia owner, and super-agent Jorge Mendes.
Refuting the claims, the 46-year-old produced his passport in the Rayo press room to show the journalists in attendance that he hasn’t been to the Asian country.
“Rumors linking me to this team or that are normal, I understand them, but I won’t stand for lies. When people report that I have a relationship with Valencia that’s one thing, but to say I’ve been to Singapore to meet with Jorge Mendes or Peter Lim is completely false. I’m sick of these lies”.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid