Zidane asks Asensio to join Real Madrid for pre-season training
The player's loan deal with Espanyol expires upon season end. At present his future for 2016-17 is unclear. He may rejoin our go out on loan again with Sevilla, Villarreal, Valencia interested.
Zinedine Zidane has made it clear that he wants Marco Asensio back at the club to carry out pre-season work under his tutelage as part of the club's preparation for the 2016/17 LaLiga season.
The French coach spoke with the player in the past few days where both analyzed the 20 year old's season loan at Espanyol as Asensio was informed by Zidane that the player would be with the Real Madrid first team squad for their tour to the United States. Upon the conclusion of the tour the club would then work on plans for the 2016/17 where it will be decided if the attacking midfielder would form a part of Zidanes's squad or if the Palma de Mallorca born player would be sent out to another team on loan again. The player has won many admirers in LaLiga with the likes of Sevilla, Villarreal, Espanyol and Valencia expressing an interest in a season long loan deal.
Sevilla and Villarreal are the likelier options with the lure of European football a major factor in any potential loan move for Asensio. Despite playing with Valencia in underage categories the club's failure to seal European football is deemed to be a hindrance in the players development. Espanyol have also stated that they would welcome the talented player back but Madrid are anxious for the player to take a bigger career step as part of his ongoing developmental process.
Te recomendamos en English
- Social media Twitter attack: Obama, Biden, Apple and Elon Musk accounts hacked
- Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool Liverpool player ratings vs Arsenal as champions lose 2-1 at the Emirates
- Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool Arsenal player ratings vs Liverpool as Arteta ends Klopp's points record bid
- 2022 World Cup Javier Mascherano set to share his Generation Amazing experience
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment payments $600: are they exempt from tax?