Real Madrid top 'Forbes Most Valuable Soccer Teams' list
Two LaLiga sides feature in the annual listing published by the respected North American business magazine.
Spanish soccer giants Real Madrid retained top spot on a list of the world's most valuable soccer teams for a fourth consecutive year, according to a Forbes poll released on Wednesday.
The value of the 10-time European champions rose 12 percent to $3.6 billion, making them the world's second most valuable sports team, surpassed only by the National Football League's Dallas Cowboys ($4 billion), Forbes said in a statement.
Barcelona were second on the list with a value of $3.5 billion, also up 12 percent from last year. Manchester United ($3.3 billion), Bayern Munich ($2.7 billion) and Arsenal ($2 billion) rounded out the top five.
According to Forbes, the 20 most valuable soccer teams are worth an average of $1.44 billion, a 24 percent jump from last year that was driven by new lucrative television deals.
The Top 10 for 2016 are:
1 - Real Madrid
2 - FC Barcelona
3 - Manchester United
4 - Bayern Munich
5 - Arsenal
6 - Manchester City
7 - Chelsea
8 - Liverpool
9 - Juventus
10 - Tottenham Hotspur
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?