Suitcases arrive in Granada
David Barral and Isaac Cuenca receive a suitcase not exactly stuffed with cash at Los Carmenes: "There's not even enough for pipas!"
Granada players David Barral and Isaac Cuenca received Spanish TV channel Cuatro reporters who asked about rumours that Real Madrid was to pay Granada players a big bonus if they could help los blancos lift the title by taking points off Barcelona.
.@Kelava: "I can promise that all the players will be as professional as we can possibly be."— Granada C.F. (@GranadaCdeF_en) 11 May 2016
A suitcase with some fake notes was handed to the players, who treated the scene with a good sense of humour "there isn't even enough for pipas (sunflower seeds that Spanish fans across the country eat during games) in here, bring us another three or four suitcases!"
Cuenca is and ex-Culé, and Barral an ex-madridista, as Granada finds itself in the middle of the eternal enemies' struggle for La Liga. A win will give Barcelona their 24th La Liga title, anything less may open the door to a very unlikely los blancos title win.
"Nobody from either team has contacted us", say the players, "we're going to try and win this game because it's our job, because we're profesionals". Both asked to predict the score, Cuenca goes for a 2-0 Granada win, while Barral predicts a 1-1 draw.
The fate of La Liga awaits in Granada...
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news