James: six suitors who could be in for the Real Madrid man
After a disappointing second season at Real, the Colombian could be on his way out of the Bernabéu - and certainly wouldn't be short of offers.
It's fair to say that this season has not gone to plan for Real Madrid's James Rodríguez.
After an impressive opening campaign at Los Blancos, the Colombian international has slipped down the pecking order in 2015/16 and has frequently found himself confined to the Madrid bench.
The 24-year-old is being heavily linked with a summer departure from the Spanish capital, and a look at the European press suggests he wouldn't be short of suitors were he to opt for pastures new.
Indeed, the following six clubs look likely to be in the queue for Rodríguez, who arrived at Real in July 2014 for 85 million euros.
English clubs keeping tabs
The Premier League is understood to be where Rodríguez boasts the most admirers. Big-name quartet Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea could all well be getting in touch with his agent, Jorge Mendes, in the coming weeks.
Chelsea appear to have the biggest shout of landing the former Monaco and Porto man, as Real could use him as part of a potential deal for Blues star Eden Hazard, who Bernabéu boss Zinedine Zidane is a big fan of.
Meanwhile, James would fit the mould for Gunners chief Arséne Wenger, and the two Manchester clubs could also throw their hats into the ring - but much will depend on the plans of new City manager Pep Guardiola and the identity of United's boss next term.
Off to Turin?
Another option for James is Serie A, with Italian champions Juventus keen to strengthen in his position - although Real team-mate Isco seems to be the Vecchia Signora's priority.
On Bayern's radar
James has good memories of his year at Real under incoming Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti and the Bavarians are believed to be tracking him. However, the Allianz Arena is currently well stocked in his position.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus checks: how many non-filers may be missing out on payment?
- Coronavirus When and how could a second stimulus check pass in the Senate?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how much money is the new plan supported by Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: possible dates to approve a new relief bill before the election
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: how is the IRS contacting people for missing payments?