Real Madrid statement following terrorist attack in Iraq
The Spanish club have made an official announcement about the tragic events in Balad: “Madridismo across the whole world cries for its supporters”.
WARNING - Contains graphic images.— M.A.J (@UItraSuristic) 13 May 2016
AS: Snapshots of the deadly attack aftermath on a Real Madrid fan club in Iraq. pic.twitter.com/Pe5Bn7vBTJ
"Real Madrid C. F. deeply regrets the terrible attack in Iraq which today saw 16 members of a Real Madrid supporters club lose their lives and which has also left over 20 injured.
The club expresses its great sadness and offers its regards and condolences to the families and friends of the victims.
Real Madrid extends all of its solidarity to the people of Iraq, who suffer the excessive injustices of extreme violence.
The Real Madrid players will tomorrow wear symbolic black armbands as a sign of their mourning and respect. Football and sport shall always be spaces in which to come together and in which harmony and peace reign and with which no form of barbaric terrorism will be able to compete.
Today Madridismo across the whole world cries for its supporters, who shall never be forgotten".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category