Sky: no agreement in place for Mourinho to replace Van Gaal
"I have said I shall be here, that is my opinion, so the board has to decide if it is like that," the defiant Dutchman told reporters ahead of final day.
Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has no agreement in place to take over at Manchester United, Sky Sports television said on Friday quoting unnamed sources.
The 53-year-old Portuguese has been the long-time favourite with British bookmakers to succeed Louis van Gaal in the Old Trafford hot seat.
Mourinho, who has also coached Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Porto, has been out of work since being sacked by Chelsea, for the second time in his career, when the 2014-15 Premier League champions were one point above the relegation zone in December.
The Londoners have since climbed to ninth in the table under interim manager Guus Hiddink and play their final game of the season at home to newly-crowned champions Leicester City on Sunday.
Van Gaal said on Friday that he expected to serve the final season of his United contract he signed in 2014.
"I have said I shall be here, that is my opinion, so the board has to decide if it is like that," the Dutchman told reporters.
United, who are fifth in the league, end their season with a home game against Bournemouth on Sunday hoping for Manchester City to slip up away at Swansea as the battle for fourth place and the final Champions League qualifying spot goes down to the final day.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby