Alves overtakes Pelé and is third player with most titles in history
The Brazilian won his sixth league with Barcelona which was the 31st in his career and puts him ahead of compatriot Pelé.
- Follow the match LaLiga date 26 Barcelona-Celta live .
With the 2015/16 title win in Granada last night, Daniel Alves wrote a new page in the history of Brazilian football sports pages as the most decorated player in the history of the game in Brazil securing most career titles after beating the previous record of 30 held by Pelé, regarded by many as the best player in the history of the game.
After securing title number 31, Dani Alves takes his place on the all-time podium alongside legends, Kenny Daglish, who forged his reputation at Celtic and Liverpool during the 1970's and early 80's and Manchester united's Welsh winger Ryan Giggs who are both on a carrear total of 35.
Alves has another opportunity to increase his tally at the forthcoming Copa del Rey final on May 22 when Luis Enrique's side face Sevilla but has yest to secure a World Cup winners medals whicls Pele secured on three times.
Dani Alves: Official career titles with Sevilla, FC Barcelona and Brazil
EC Bahia (2001-2002) 1 State Championship
Sevilla CF (2002-2008): 2 Europa League, 1 Copa del Rey, 1 Uefa European Super cup and 1 Spanish Super cup.
FC Barcelona (2008-present): 3 Champions Leagues, 6 Ligas, 3 Copas de Rey, 3 Uefa European Super-cups, 3 FIFA World Club cups and 4 Spanish Super-cups.
Brazil national team: 1 Copa América and 2 Confederation cups.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid's Takefusa Kubo joins Villarreal on loan
- BUNDESLIGA Jadon Sancho to stay at Borussia Dortmund until 2023 – Zorc
- BARCELONA Pedri: "Real Madrid didn't want to sign me"
- MLS Blaise Matuidi set to join David Beckham's Inter Miami
- Liga MX Chivas to appoint Victor Manuel Vucetich as new coach
- SERIE A Man Utd-linked Meret open to leaving Napoli on loan