Alves overtakes Pelé and is third player with most titles in history
The Brazilian won his sixth league with Barcelona which was the 31st in his career and puts him ahead of compatriot Pelé.
- Follow the match LaLiga date 26 Barcelona-Celta live .
With the 2015/16 title win in Granada last night, Daniel Alves wrote a new page in the history of Brazilian football sports pages as the most decorated player in the history of the game in Brazil securing most career titles after beating the previous record of 30 held by Pelé, regarded by many as the best player in the history of the game.
After securing title number 31, Dani Alves takes his place on the all-time podium alongside legends, Kenny Daglish, who forged his reputation at Celtic and Liverpool during the 1970's and early 80's and Manchester united's Welsh winger Ryan Giggs who are both on a carrear total of 35.
Alves has another opportunity to increase his tally at the forthcoming Copa del Rey final on May 22 when Luis Enrique's side face Sevilla but has yest to secure a World Cup winners medals whicls Pele secured on three times.
Dani Alves: Official career titles with Sevilla, FC Barcelona and Brazil
EC Bahia (2001-2002) 1 State Championship
Sevilla CF (2002-2008): 2 Europa League, 1 Copa del Rey, 1 Uefa European Super cup and 1 Spanish Super cup.
FC Barcelona (2008-present): 3 Champions Leagues, 6 Ligas, 3 Copas de Rey, 3 Uefa European Super-cups, 3 FIFA World Club cups and 4 Spanish Super-cups.
Brazil national team: 1 Copa América and 2 Confederation cups.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS MLS 2020 play-offs: schedule, games and dates
- US News What did Trump say about Biden and voter fraud?
- AS AWARDS GALA 2020 Nadal: "Thank you for this award during these difficult times"
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test
- VICENTE JIMÉNEZ Everyone's success
- AS SPORTS AWARDS Casillas: "Zidane has earned the right to lead Real Madrid"