ATHLETIC 2 - SEVILLA 0
Kolo could miss Cup final for calling linesman "son of a bitch"
Álvarez Izquierdo sent the defender off for insulting one of his linesmen. Coke, who was issued a red card while he was on the bench, could also miss the Copa del Rey final.
Sevilla centre-back Timothée Kolodziejczak is likely to sit out the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona on 22 May. The French defender was sent off in yesterday's league game at San Mamés, 58 minutes for insulting one of match official Alfonso Javier Álvarez Izquierdo's lines men; according to the referee's report Kolo called the line official "a son of a bitch". Such offences are usually punished with a suspension ranging from one to four games. If the Competitions Committee hand Kolo a three-game ban or less, he will be able to play the Copa de Rey final and serve the suspension in the league at the start of next season. If he is dealt a heavier ban, which looks likely, he could even miss both legs of the Spanish Supercup final against Barça on 12 and 15 August.
Álvarez Izquierdo also sent off Coke on 33 minutes; the Sevilla full-back was on the subs' bench but didn't insult the referee or his assistants and so his punishment is expected to be lenient. Coke should be able to play the final and serve his suspension at the start of the new campaign. Unai Emery is already without the suspension-hit Steven N'Zonzi for the 22 May Cup final.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires