ATHLETIC 2 - SEVILLA 0
Kolo could miss Cup final for calling linesman "son of a bitch"
Álvarez Izquierdo sent the defender off for insulting one of his linesmen. Coke, who was issued a red card while he was on the bench, could also miss the Copa del Rey final.
Sevilla centre-back Timothée Kolodziejczak is likely to sit out the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona on 22 May. The French defender was sent off in yesterday's league game at San Mamés, 58 minutes for insulting one of match official Alfonso Javier Álvarez Izquierdo's lines men; according to the referee's report Kolo called the line official "a son of a bitch". Such offences are usually punished with a suspension ranging from one to four games. If the Competitions Committee hand Kolo a three-game ban or less, he will be able to play the Copa de Rey final and serve the suspension in the league at the start of next season. If he is dealt a heavier ban, which looks likely, he could even miss both legs of the Spanish Supercup final against Barça on 12 and 15 August.
Álvarez Izquierdo also sent off Coke on 33 minutes; the Sevilla full-back was on the subs' bench but didn't insult the referee or his assistants and so his punishment is expected to be lenient. Coke should be able to play the final and serve his suspension at the start of the new campaign. Unai Emery is already without the suspension-hit Steven N'Zonzi for the 22 May Cup final.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension