Montse Benítez treats kids in need to Disneyland Paris trip
Rafa Benítez's wife, Montse is known on Merseyside as 'The Angel of Kindness' for the charity work she had done through her Foundation.
On Merseyside, Rafa Benítez's wife Montse is known as 'The Angel of Kindness' for the charity work she had done through her Foundation. Montse, who previously worked for the International Red Cross, lived up to her alias in July last year by inviting a group of 33 disadvantaged children, many of whom have been orphaned, to Disneyworld in Paris. In November, she raised several thousand pounds by auctioning off items from here wardrobe - the funds going to charities which do not receive any kind funding from the goverment. She is a supports of local charities such as the Lily Centre and Our Love Lost Years (OLLY). It was through OLLY that Montse paid for the Disneyworld trip out of her own pocket last summer. It was such an uplifting experience, that she is going to repeat it this year the Liverpool Echo reports, this time, taking 39 children to the French capital for the time of their lives.
Both Montse and her husband have been very generous in giving something back to society - in 2010, the Newcastle manager, then at Inter Milan, made a significant donation for the creation of a local community centre in memory of 11-year-old Everton fan Rhys Jones who was shot and killed whilst on his way home from football practice in August 2007. The Rhys Jones Sporting Complex was opened in 2013.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms