REAL MADRID CASTILLA
Odegaard off the mark in Real Madrid Castilla rout
The 17-year-old had to wait until the final day of the Segunda División B regular season to open up his goal-scoring account for the term.
Real Madrid Castilla thumped La Roda 6-1 on Sunday to finish top of their section in Segunda División B, the third tier of Spanish league football.
Real's reserve side, coached by Luis Miguel Ramis since Zinedine Zidane's promotion to the helm of the first team, now face one of Racing Santander, Reus or UCAM Murcia in a two-legged play-off for a place in Segunda División.
Castilla's goals came courtesy of Mariano Díaz, Borja Mayoral (who helped himself to a brace), Fran Rodríguez, Cristian Cedrés - and Martin Odegaard.
The Norwegian wunderkind's effort was his very first of the campaign, and came 449 days on from his last - and until now only - strike for Los Blancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem