REAL MADRID CASTILLA
Odegaard off the mark in Real Madrid Castilla rout
The 17-year-old had to wait until the final day of the Segunda División B regular season to open up his goal-scoring account for the term.
Real Madrid Castilla thumped La Roda 6-1 on Sunday to finish top of their section in Segunda División B, the third tier of Spanish league football.
Real's reserve side, coached by Luis Miguel Ramis since Zinedine Zidane's promotion to the helm of the first team, now face one of Racing Santander, Reus or UCAM Murcia in a two-legged play-off for a place in Segunda División.
Castilla's goals came courtesy of Mariano Díaz, Borja Mayoral (who helped himself to a brace), Fran Rodríguez, Cristian Cedrés - and Martin Odegaard.
The Norwegian wunderkind's effort was his very first of the campaign, and came 449 days on from his last - and until now only - strike for Los Blancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Gil Marín statement backing Simeone and calling for calm
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp says nothing 'inevitable' about Liverpool winning title
- LALIGA Valencia vs Barcelona: how and where to watch
- REAL SOCIEDAD Willian José: "Record it, record it...so you can tell your lies!"
- BUNDESLIGA Five goals in 57 minutes for Haaland at Borussia Dortmund