Lora: "It’s been a tough season; we’ve been through a lot"
"When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored," said the Sporting defender after his side's escape against Villarreal.
Sporting Gijón stalwart Alberto Lora spoke of his joy at the side ensuring their Primera División survival after a 2-0 victory over Villarreal in El Molinón on Sunday night.
Fans: “We want to acknowledge all the people that filled the stadium, those that were supporting us outside, and of course Manolo Preciado.”
Survival: “It’s there to be enjoyed. It’s been a tough season, we’ve been through a lot. With a lot of belief and a little bit of luck we were able to stay up.”
Other results: “We just tried to stay focused on our match but it’s inevitable that you have half an eye on the other game. When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires