Lora: "It’s been a tough season; we’ve been through a lot"
"When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored," said the Sporting defender after his side's escape against Villarreal.
Sporting Gijón stalwart Alberto Lora spoke of his joy at the side ensuring their Primera División survival after a 2-0 victory over Villarreal in El Molinón on Sunday night.
Fans: “We want to acknowledge all the people that filled the stadium, those that were supporting us outside, and of course Manolo Preciado.”
Survival: “It’s there to be enjoyed. It’s been a tough season, we’ve been through a lot. With a lot of belief and a little bit of luck we were able to stay up.”
Other results: “We just tried to stay focused on our match but it’s inevitable that you have half an eye on the other game. When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored.”
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021