Lora: "It’s been a tough season; we’ve been through a lot"
"When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored," said the Sporting defender after his side's escape against Villarreal.
Sporting Gijón stalwart Alberto Lora spoke of his joy at the side ensuring their Primera División survival after a 2-0 victory over Villarreal in El Molinón on Sunday night.
Fans: “We want to acknowledge all the people that filled the stadium, those that were supporting us outside, and of course Manolo Preciado.”
Survival: “It’s there to be enjoyed. It’s been a tough season, we’ve been through a lot. With a lot of belief and a little bit of luck we were able to stay up.”
Other results: “We just tried to stay focused on our match but it’s inevitable that you have half an eye on the other game. When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"