Lora: "It’s been a tough season; we’ve been through a lot"
"When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored," said the Sporting defender after his side's escape against Villarreal.
Sporting Gijón stalwart Alberto Lora spoke of his joy at the side ensuring their Primera División survival after a 2-0 victory over Villarreal in El Molinón on Sunday night.
Fans: “We want to acknowledge all the people that filled the stadium, those that were supporting us outside, and of course Manolo Preciado.”
Survival: “It’s there to be enjoyed. It’s been a tough season, we’ve been through a lot. With a lot of belief and a little bit of luck we were able to stay up.”
Other results: “We just tried to stay focused on our match but it’s inevitable that you have half an eye on the other game. When we heard the stadium cheer we knew Betis had scored.”
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona's squad redesign needs to start taking shape now
- International football Zlatan facing possible FIFA ban over links to Malta betting firm
- Manchester United Solskjaer suggests Old Trafford banners to blame for home form
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Pfizer, Moderna and J&J/Janssen: who can get each, side effects, doses
- US Policing Why were no charges brought against the police officer who shot Jacob Blake?
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes