Rayo chief takes aim at Submarine: "They didn't compete"
"From the first minute it was clear to see it was not a game of football. It’s my opinion; Villarreal didn’t prepare at all, they didn’t shoot on goal or anything."
Rayo Vallecano president Martín Presa had some strong words after Sporting Gijón’s victory over Villarreal saw the Asturian club survive and the Madrid team condemned to life in Segunda:
“Villarreal didn’t compete in terms of their line-up, their substitutions or in their formation. From the first minute it was clear to see it was not a game of football. Out of respect in other years we have fought to the death in the final game. Villarreal didn’t prepare at all. It’s my opinion, a side that didn’t prepare at all, who didn’t shoot on goal or anything. You can win and you can lose but you have to compete. I am the primary person who is responsible for the relegation. I congratulate Sporting. For our fans, and I am the first one, we are going to take the side back into Primera Division. If Paco wants to stay on, he will, and we will start preparing the team from tomorrow for next season.”
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?