Man United-Bournemouth to be played on Tuesday
The sides' final-day Premier League fixture was called off on Sunday afternoon after a suspicious package was discovered at Old Trafford.
Sunday's abandoned match between Manchester United and Bournemouth will be played on Tuesday, May 17 at 20:00 local time (21:00 CEST), the English Premier League announced.
The announcement came hours after army experts blew up a suspect device at United's Old Trafford ground on following the discovery of an 'incredibly lifelike explosive device' inside the ground.
Prior to the controlled explosion, tens of thousands of fans were evacuated from the stadium ahead of what was the final Premier League game of the season for both clubs.
"We can confirm that today's abandoned fixture between Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth will be played on Tuesday 17 May at 8pm," said a Premier League statement issued Sunday.
"We would like to thank Manchester United's staff, the police and other emergency services for all their efforts today as well as rearranging the match for this coming Tuesday.
"Both Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth's management has been extremely helpful in reaching a swift resolution, which is the best possible given today's events.
"The clubs will make their own announcements regarding ticketing arrangements."
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online