Man United-Bournemouth to be played on Tuesday
The sides' final-day Premier League fixture was called off on Sunday afternoon after a suspicious package was discovered at Old Trafford.
Sunday's abandoned match between Manchester United and Bournemouth will be played on Tuesday, May 17 at 20:00 local time (21:00 CEST), the English Premier League announced.
The announcement came hours after army experts blew up a suspect device at United's Old Trafford ground on following the discovery of an 'incredibly lifelike explosive device' inside the ground.
Prior to the controlled explosion, tens of thousands of fans were evacuated from the stadium ahead of what was the final Premier League game of the season for both clubs.
"We can confirm that today's abandoned fixture between Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth will be played on Tuesday 17 May at 8pm," said a Premier League statement issued Sunday.
"We would like to thank Manchester United's staff, the police and other emergency services for all their efforts today as well as rearranging the match for this coming Tuesday.
"Both Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth's management has been extremely helpful in reaching a swift resolution, which is the best possible given today's events.
"The clubs will make their own announcements regarding ticketing arrangements."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live