Hodgson names 26-man provisonal list for Euro 2016
The England coach will whittle his provisional list down to the regulation 23 players; Rashford, Vardy and Delph make the cut; Walcott and Jagielka are omitted.
England coach Roy Hodgson announced his provisional squad list for next month's Euro 2016. Hodgson will whittle down this list to the regulatory 23 players before the 31 May deadline date when all A lists must be submitted to UEFA.
Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City) and Tom Heaton (Burnley).
Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton) and Kyle Walker (Tottenham).
Delle Alli (Tottenham), Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Andros Townsend (Newcastle) and Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City).
The big surprises in the list were the inclusions of Burnley keeper Tom Heaton and Manchester United sensation Marcus Rashford. Not included were Phil Jagielka, Theo Walcott, Luke Shaw (recently recovered from injury), Danny Welbeck (injured) and Michael Carrick.
Hodgson explained his decision, telling reporters: “I didn't want to include players who aren't in form. I have only called seven defenders to have an extra man in midfield or attack”.
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?