PSG's Marco Verratti undergoes groin surgery
According to PSG, the Italian playmaker's "operation was a success". While the 23-year-old has been ruled out of Euro 2016, he is expected to be fully fit ahead of next season.
Paris Saint-Germain's Italy international midfielder Marco Verratti has undergone surgery on a persistent groin injury, his club confirmed on Monday.
'As previously announced by the Club, Marco Verratti underwent surgery on Monday 16 May, at the Aspetar Hospital in Doha,' read a statement released by the French champions, who added 'the operation was a success.'
Verratti has been troubled by the injury for several months and PSG announced at the beginning of May that the 23-year-old required an operation and would not be able to feature for his country at Euro 2016 as a result.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early